11/29/2011

MARNI as next collaboration partner for the H&M spring collection

The Versace collection for H&M is still in stores and online, but a new collaboration is at the ready! This morning H&M announced that MARNI will design a collection for H&M in spring.

Marni?! Hm...not a label I expected to design for H&M, to be honest. But that doesn't mean that I don't like it. But for sure, there are more casual labels who could be considered.

What can we expect? Clothing and accessories with original prints, bright colors and signature fabrics. Consuelo Castiglioni, Founder and Creative Director stated:

    “I wanted to create a true Marni wardrobe by revisiting all our favorite pieces in signature fabrics and prints. As always, I love juxtaposing prints and colours, mixing modern tribal with Bauhaus graphic adding sporty utilitarian elements”.





Women can expect full pleated skirts, dresses, cropped trousers and jacquard knits. The fabrics will be from silk to crisp cotton poplin. Moreover, the collection will also include jewellery, shoes, bags and scarves. The Men's collection will be a bit more casual and softer.









I'm a bit restrained at the moment since I'm not sure what to expect from this collection. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Versace collection either and I have a similar feeling with this collection. Although I like Marni more, I think, the pieces won't be easy to combine and are not easy to wear. Different from the actual H&M collections.




 But let's see what we get when the collection will hit the stores in March 2012! It will be available 260 store worldwide and online, of course. Have a deeper look into the collection in the video:



Do you think the choice fits?

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment