10/26/2012

Chapeau!

My grandma used to say that I have a face for caps and hats. Although I never wore them...only in winter and I never really paid attention to them as accessories. I guess this time there's no chance to ignore them and actually no reason for this....because there are so lovely little pieces out there.

From pork pie, floppy hats to borsalinos, bowler and cloche (even with mesh) up to fedora, trilby and so on...every shape, every color or with print and with mesh, bows, flowers, leather details can be seen on the streets these days. I recognized hats only in the British royal family, royal weddings and horse races during the last years. But what was a long term social status or represented a kind of group membership in former times became is daily accessory. And shame on me that I didn't take them seriously ;-). A fault confessed is half redressed, right! :-)

That's why I browsed through my favorite online shops and picked my favorite headgear. Here we go:

all pics via the online shops


Zalando; H&M; MangoZara 1 und Zara 2; Topshop 1 und Topshop 2Monki AsosModClothsJ.Crew

What do you think? Picked a favorite piece already? Or have you a hint for me where to buy the most wonderful hats? Are you wearing hats a lot or is this a style piece you disregard?

Have a wonderful evening.
K.

1 comment:

  1. i like the mango hat :)
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete